|EMERITUS RESEARCH PTY LTD
Version 2.0 – 3rd November 2022
|About this Policy
|Emeritus Research Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (Emeritus Research) is committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
This document sets out our policies for managing your personal information.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Our services are not specifically directed to individuals located in the European Union and Emeritus Research does not monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union, and accordingly the GDPR may not apply.
|What Personal Information Is Collected
|Emeritus Research collects personal information that it considers necessary to provide its range of services, including medical research and Clinical Trial activities.
Personal Information collected by Emeritus Research may include:
- Name, date of birth, address, sex/gender, contact details.
- Medical information including medical history, medications, notes, allergies, adverse events, immunisations, ethnic, social and family history, risk factors, physiological measurements together with Clinical Trial specific notes and related information.
- personal information about you that is required (or reasonably needed) to be collected for the purposes of any Clinical Trial protocol in a connection with any Clinical Trial that you may or do participate in.
- Clinical samples and images.
- Your referring Health Service Practitioner, if applicable.
- Services provided to you.
- Records of communications with Emeritus Research.
When applying for or working with Emeritus Research, information may include your education and work history, skills and capabilities. Other personal information including bank account and credit account details may be collected in order to enable your agreed expenses to be reimbursed.
|How Is Personal Information Collected
|Emeritus Research collects personal information from you when you:
- Sign a consent form before taking part in a Clinical Trial.
- Use Emeritus Research Services.
- Participate in a Clinical Trial.
- Visit the Emeritus Research website, send an email or SMS, text, telephone or communicate with Emeritus Research using social media or other like platforms.
- Fill in questionnaires and forms.
- Apply for or work with Emeritus Research as an employee, contractor, or volunteer.
In some circumstances, personal information about you may also be collected from other sources. This may include information from:
- Any person who assists Emeritus Research to recruit potential Clinical Trial participants.
- Any person responsible for any part of a Clinical Trial in which you participate.
- Your guardian or responsible person.
- Your Health Service Practitioner and other healthcare providers.
- Persons identified or described under the heading “With Whom is Your Personal Information Shared”.
- When applying to work for or with Emeritus Research, third parties including referees.
|How Is Personal Information Used
|Emeritus Research collects personal information primarily for the purposes of medical research and Clinical Trial activities, to comply with Clinical Trial protocols, laws and regulatory and other guidelines relating to the conduct of Clinical Trials.
By providing your personal information, you agree that it may be used for the following purposes:
- In-connection with your recruitment and participation in current or future Clinical Trials.
- To keep a history of your participation in a Clinical Trial.
- To enable Emeritus Research to offer you participation in future Clinical Trials.
- Manage the services provided to you including re-imbursement of agreed expenses.
- To research, develop and improve Emeritus Research services and business operations and processes.
- To conduct surveys to determine your satisfaction.
- To promote Emeritus Research services, capabilities and therapeutic areas of interest.
- For business related activities, such as audits, accreditations, training and to comply with Emeritus Research legal obligations.
- To engage with you as an employee, contractor, or volunteer.
|With Whom is Your Personal Information Shared
|Emeritus Research sometimes shares personal information with the following individuals and organisations:
- With third parties who work with Emeritus Research to conduct a Clinical Trial, such as sponsors and investigators. These third parties are required to comply with this policy and relevant laws.
- Health care providers.
- Emeritus Research staff and related bodies corporate.
- Outsourced service providers who assist Emeritus Research to provide services and are required to comply with this policy and relevant laws including:
- information technology providers; and
- professional advisers.
- Organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Emeritus Research’s assets, business or shares.
- Government and regulatory authorities as required by law.
Only people that need to access your personal information will be able to do so. Other than as set out in this policy, Emeritus Research will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent. Where practicable, before personal information is provided to a third party it will be de-identified so as to no longer be capable of identifying you.
|How Is Your Personal Information Stored and Protected
|Your personal information may be stored in physical and electronic form. Emeritus Research uses its best endeavors to ensure personal information is stored securely by Emeritus Research or its outsourced services providers and protected from unauthorised access.
Some of the ways Emeritus Research does this include:
· Requiring our staff and outsourced service providers to maintain confidentiality.
· Implementing physical and electronic document storage security including security measures for access to Emeritus Research computer systems.
Please note, is not possible to guarantee that data transmission over the internet or via email, either to or from Emeritus Research, will be completely secure.
|How To Access Your Personal Information
|You generally have a right to access and correct your personal information. If you wish to access your personal information or believe any information is incorrect or requires updating, please click on the “contact us” link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help Emeritus Research to find the information.
|What If You Don’t Provide Personal Information
|When you visit Emeritus Research’s website, you can elect to remain anonymous. You are not required to disclose your name or any personal information that could be used to reasonably ascertain your identity.
Should you wish to register your interest in participating in current or future Clinical Trials, or if you would like to understand more about Emeritus Research service offering or potential opportunities for collaboration, only the personal information that you voluntarily provide to facilitate this will be collected.
Please be aware that if you choose not to provide personal information, you may not be able to participate in or continue to participate in a Clinical Trial.
|Cross Border Disclosure
|Emeritus Research may access or use information we collect, including personal information outside Australia, in order to provide the services, medical research and Clinical Trial activities. Information may also be stored on servers located outside Australia.
|Cookies and Similar Technologies
|Emeritus Research may utilise Google Analytics and small files known as ‘cookies’ to collect non-identifying information on website traffic and visits. When you visit Emeritus Research’s website, anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system are recorded. Cookies and technologies with similar functionality (“Data Tools”) may be used to help Emeritus Research provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, measure and analyze usage of its services and for security.
Data Tools may also collect and store your personal information. This policy applies to personal information collected via Data Tools. You may be able to adjust your Internet browser to disable Data Tools. If Data Tools are disabled, Emeritus Research may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
Emeritus Research’s website may feature links to and from external sites and can interface with social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and others. These 3rd parties and their associated websites have their own privacy policies that operate independently of Emeritus Research. As such, Emeritus Research cannot be held responsible for the content, operations or privacy practices of these organisations, either individually or collectively.
|What If There is a Problem or You Want to Update Your Information
|If you have a problem, complaint, want to correct or change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact Emeritus Research on:
Postal: Emeritus Research, Level 2, 1186 Toorak Rd Camberwell, 3124
Telephone: +61 3 9509 6166
Alternatively, click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of this page.
|This Policy May Change
|This policy may change over time. All changes will be published to our website.